Let´s all meet at THE OCEAN
Welcome to the first ever edition THE OCEAN, a one-day conference taking place 17 September in Bergen. We are happy to present you with a program focusing on cross-over opportunities, innovations and new collaborations within the sustainable use of ocean resources.
THE OCEAN is initiated by a broad range of engaged partners determined to provide the most important and relevant arena for new discoveries, connections and collaborations across ocean industries and academic institutions.
– THE OCEAN will provide an arena of value-added and competitive solutions and partnerships, and show how these elements across industries and academia, strengthen our way to a sustainable future, says Solveig Holm, leader of THE OCEAN´s steering group and Senior Advisor in NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster.
PROGRAM AND SPEAKERS
Arne Hjeltnes will be hosting THE OCEAN Talkshow with keynote speakers and invited guests. You will meet industry and academic leaders talking about themes like:
- Knowledge for managing sustainable ocean industries.
- The green business potential
- Cross-over opportunities in the ocean industries
- Digitalization in the aquaculture industry
- Blue sustainable finance
Keynote speakers at THE OCEAN:
- Erna Solberg, Prime Minister
- Elisabeth Grieg, Chair, Grieg Maturitas
- Ole Eirik Lerøy, Chairman of the Board, MOWI
- Beate Myking, Senior Vice President, New Energy Solutions, Equinor
– We are happy to present a program focusing on cross-over opportunities, innovations and new collaborations within the sustainable use of ocean resources. The OECD indicates that the ocean industries will double the contribution to the global economy by 2030. Norway has already taken a leading position in the ocean industries, partly due to the transfer of technology and knowledge from its advanced oil and gas sector. This means that we have major opportunities to take a share of this growth, while also helping to secure a liveable future, says Owe Hagesæther, CEO at GCE Ocean Technology and leader of the program committee at THE OCEAN.
DISCOVER - CONNECT- COLLABORATE
– We need to collaborate to meet our shared challenges and explore new opportunities in the use of our ocean resources. That´s why the partners have established THE OCEAN as a yearly event, and we are happy to welcome you to the first edition in Bergen, September 17th, 2019, says Holm.
The future belongs to the ocean. Our time to contribute has come. Join us and make a difference!